Monday, October 13, 2008

KEEP THE FAITH

If you've been paying attention the last four weeks you don't need me
to tell you that we've now dropped four straight. But let me assure you,
I'm not about to panic. Therefore, neither should you. Let me tell
you why - we're a great team, period.

We're fighting each day to get better. Unfortunately, things have not
always gone our way. And when it rains, it pours. But the
bottom line is, that's life. As young men we're learning a valuable
lesson in all of this. Yes, times are rough and we're nowhere
near where we expected to be at the beginning of the season. This is a time for soul
searching. I can tell you that my teammates and I, we're all in and we will not stop
fighting, not for one second. Things may not always go our way.
Yes, there have been mistakes made, and to be honest, there will be
more. That is part of the game. But we must continue to move forward and
keep the faith in order for wonderful things to come our way.

God has a plan for us this season. I do not know what it is or what
exactly will come out of this physically, psychologically or
spiritually. But one thing I do know is that it will be for the greater
good. God has given us the talent, all we can do is play our best. In
every game a team will saunter off the football field with its
spirits crushed and its pride wounded. And on the other side there
will be a team celebrating with joyfulness and glee. We plan on being
the winning team. Why? Because we know we can do it and we, more than
anything, have faith.

3 comments:

RickS said...

Bryan,

I certainly appreciate your message. Keep encouraging your team mates "to be the best they can be". Also let the linemen know that they need to give you a few more inches of space when their blocking the defensive line.
Read my post on Oct 12th--Therapy for IU Football Optimists.
Blessings to you Bryan
2 Corinthians 13:11 NIV

Anonymous said...

I believe. Go Hoosiers!!!

Anonymous said...

Leneil Himes looks to win for North All Stars and IUhttp://www.indysportsnation.com/sports/isn-071410-himes-iu-north-story,0,6053811.story