Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Test Time

I don't have much time today due to homework and, well, rest time. You didn't think that I only wrote on the Internet and played football did you? But yes, homework is starting to heat up. There are only two weeks of summer school left so the big time tests are beginning to roll in. Study time is becoming very important and, dare I say, incredibly boring. But I do what I have to do.

Not only is it test time in the classroom but this is the week for our conditioning test. My teammates and I were given the option to run our test this morning or tomorrow morning any time from 7-9 a.m. Most of my teammates ran the test today to get it over with. I will run mine tomorrow. I will pass it fairly easily. Not to say the test is a piece of cake or anything. You must be in shape to pass it.

I'm not going to tell you exactly what the conditioning test entails but here is a broad description: It's a series of 80, 60, 50, and 40 yard sprints with very little time to rest in between. If you miss any of your times in the 80's through the 50's you fail. You are allowed to miss two 40 yard dashes (and you run lots of them). Often times the freshmen struggle, along with some big men.

For the most part, everyone should past the test. Though, it will be fun to watch the incoming freshman run it when they all arrive. There's always a good number who struggle mightily. I guess you could say it's their first "Welcome to College Football" moment.

We have the rest of the week off once done with the conditioning test to get ready for camp. We will report this upcoming weekend. The rest time during the time off will be difficult for me because I have a rough time doing nothing. I always want to run or do something. If I go a day without exercise I feel sloppy. So you can bet I'll be doing some light jogging at least.

GOT QUESTIONS?
Each week I will have a question and answer post. So feel free to post some questions anytime and I will do my best to answer them.

MESSAGE FOR THE ROAD
"Take care of the little things and you'll never have a big thing to worry about." - Baltimore Orioles Hall of Famer, Cal Ripken Jr.

2 comments:

Craig Ritsema said...

good luck with ur testing man...hows the whole blake powers and the water balloon working out..whats the team ruling on that

Anonymous said...

Great post!!! And I agree...sometimes it takes us allowing God to do things his way(whether good or bad) to learn little lessons in life. And you guys will get to the bowl game this year...I have faith in you! God is just doing it his way!

But I have to say...sounds like u had a great day off...gotta love shopping!:D:D Haha!

Good luck this weekend!!!!